Email Privacy Risks and How to Avoid Them
Email communication is the epicenter of our digital lives—but that wasn’t so when email first came onto the scene. Because of that, hundreds of today’s modern email systems are operating with the security measures with which they were built—which are drastically incompatible with the way in which email powers all of our digital communication.
The Dangers of Free Email
The free email services that are on the market are holdovers from the early days of the internet and so were created without security as a primary concern, leaving users open to a wide range of email privacy risks.
While it would seem commonsense that email providers would want to guarantee users safety and security, that’s not the case, as it’s the email providers themselves that pose the biggest email privacy risk. Many large providers scan, copy and sell users’ information in order to profit of of their members. Corporations, in turn, use this information—as well as other data an email provider can obtain about a user’s online activity—to tailor advertising to line their own pockets.
Not only do providers collect your data, they also store it to help companies and even the government analyze citizens’ daily habits to build a full picture of their digital activity. If these servers storing this information were to be compromised—either intentionally or through a security flaw—all of that information could be exposed to countless more pairs of eyes. This issue becomes even more pressing when it involves data from professional accounts, as corporations can be at risk for serious financial and other types of damage.
Get Secure & Private Email
Risks Facing Free Email Users
Providers scanning email messages for advertising purposes
Insecure storage of messages and user information
HTML messages that can farm users’ data
Providers selling users’ information to big business
Avoid Email Privacy Risks with Private Email Services
One way to avoid those threats is by obtaining a private email service. Above all, private email services are built on the concept that email users deserve to be the authority on their own accounts: They should be the ones deciding who can and cannot access their messages, not an email provider.
Reagan.com takes this idea a step further, as it is ties the fundamental freedoms for which President Ronald Reagan fought to this modern issue of email privacy risks facing so many Americans today. Using the president’s legacy as a guide, Reagan.com respects members’ rights to keep their information safeguarded, providing stringent security to ensure their messages are transmitted and stored safely. Accessible on all of your devices, our private email service is a trusted, affordable option to help you protect the freedom that so many providers want to deprive you of—a service that you truly won’t get anywhere else.
- How do I set up my account?
- Why Pay for Email Service?
- Why Reagan?
- What are Email Privacy Risks & How to Avoid Them?
- How To Get Anonymity & Privacy Through Email?
- Phishing: What it is & How to Avoid it
- What are your email rights?
- What Is A Private Email Server?
- What Is Identity Theft?
- What is Email Domain Spoofing?
- What is Cyber Resilience?
- The Truth About Cybersecurity
- Why Your Personal Data is Important to Protect
- Online Security & Safety Myths
- 3 Reasons To Use Private Email
- Best Email Alternative For Conservatives
- Private Email & the White House
- Government & Internet Security
- How Private Email Keeps Your Email Attachments Safe
- Finding an Email Provider That Doesn’t Track You
- Rules and Regulations for Private Email Providers
- Why the Fourth Amendment Doesn’t Protect Your Email Privacy
- 4 Ways to Protect Your Personal Information Through Email
- How to Keep Big Business from Snooping on Your Data
- Private Email Service for Conservatives
- How the Government Can Read Your Email
- New Focus on America’s Cybersecurity Workforce
- Tips for Making a Secure Password
- How To Stay Safe on The Internet
- The Cost of Email Security
- The Best Way to Send and Receive Private Emails